Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Of Bikes, Busses and Pasta

Feeling bad for not taking my "recently arrived from india" roommate to walmart I started my day with an offer to go to walmart with him to get a bike for him. We started at 10 and caught the valley metro to towards Walmart in Mesa. On reaching there both of us both of us started searching for the bike rack. However the 53 dollar bike that we had come to buy was already sold out. Not to be outdone, he asked the store representative, if they had an other one in stock. Luckly they had it so he brought it. After some more random shopping we reached the bus stand and started waiting for the bus back.
The first bus came after waiting for half an hour, however both the bike racks were full. Not wanting to leave my friend alone in the sun I let the bus go and started waiting for the next. It was lunch time and there was a seemingly nice italian joint "Fazoli's" right across the road. Both of us decided to go and have a quick lunch. I had a spicy pasta marinara. I have eaten pasta only 3-4 times, and this one was the best amoung them. Sobti had a pizza.
As we were just about to finish we saw another bus coming with both the racks full. Left out of options we decided to take the next one. After the meal we waited another half hour for the bus at the stop. The Third bus came still with all the racks full, thats when we decided that I would take all the stuff with me to the house whereas sobti would ride the bike home.

No comments: