Monday, August 15, 2005

Sunday on top of A mountain

My sunday began with my "recently arrived from India roommate" pestering me with his lets go to walmart cries. After much effort I was finally able to convice him that no bus goes to walmart on a sunday, atleast to the one which we wanted to go. Instead I suggested a hike up the A-mountain which offers a breathtaking view of ASU. Four of us started around lunch time towards A-mountain with some holding the misconception that they would find a grand restaurant on top to eat lunch. I wonder who misled them.

The weather was nice and windy with no sun and we went along clicking useless photographs . Journey to the top was mostly uneventful, except for the fact I got a call from my "Sunday Friend". I haven't been seeing much of this friend lately, may be because of the busy schedule I keep. Being the considerate one, he contacts me once a week (mostly sundays) even if just to know if I am alive and kicking.

Eventually we reached top where I had a chance meeting with a friend I had made in london, we exchanged notes and caught up on some things and then bade goodbye. I climbed the topmost rock on the mountian where we could take a beautiful view of the Tempe Lake and ASU campus. We spent some time identifing different buildings on the Campus from the top. By this time all of us were very hungry so soon we ran all the way down A-mountain. We had our lunch at the subway and I parted ways to spent the rest of the evening in my Lab ....

No comments: