Saturday, August 13, 2005

Writing on food ... nah !!!

Nayan doesnt like my blog much, he thinks I should write about more interesting things like food. While this may be easy and interesting to some but certianly not to me. Some people live to eat, I am of the other kind.

For me meals are just a way to be alive, and missing one or two in between are of no consequence. I do like eating out a lot, but the culprit is my indolence not my epicurean tendencies. Inspite of this what amazes me, is that I do like cooking some times. I even like going the extra mile to cook some difficult dishes which used to be cooked at my home. But once done, I just lose my appetite for it. I just try to convince my self that it is the journey not the result that is important.

Being a vegetarian I can very easily blame my disregard for food to the meagre choices available in US to satisfy the people of our kind. Still that would just be kidding myself since I do know many people who inspite of this are enjoying their food and wine. Recently a friend said to me that people who like eating food are very good by nature, I wonder what they say about people who dont like eating food ......

No comments: